Our young women are successfully graduating from high school, attending college and/or job training, and starting their careers, as evidenced by our data:

  • 98% of Sisters Circle students have graduated from high school, with the remaining 2% earning their GEDs.
  • 100% of Sisters Circle’s high school class of 2016 graduated and matriculated to four-year universities.
  • 90% of Sisters Circle graduates are either currently in, or have graduated from, college or an alternative training program.
  •  Of those currently enrolled in college:
    — 86% are attending four-year schools and
    — 14% are attending two-year schools.
  • 87% of our young women who have pursued a non-college career path have secured full-time employment.

Students have also accessed professional training and apprentice opportunities through the following organizations: Americorps, Baltimore Cash Campaign, The Baltimore Teaching Residency, The Caroline Center, Central Scholarship of MD, Maryland New Directions, Teach for America, TranZed Apprentice Programs, YearUp Baltimore, Youthworks, and Urban Alliance.

Degrees Completed

Over the years, our young women have earned degrees from the following colleges and universities:

  • Johns Hopkins School of Education
  • University of Baltimore
  • Notre Dame of Maryland University
  • Stevenson University
  • Temple University
  • North Carolina
  • Wesleyan University
  • Fisk University
  • Goucher College
  • Coppin State
  • Frostburg State University
  • Towson University
  • Garrett College of Maryland
  • York College of Pennsylvania
  • Philadelphia University
  • St. Francis College
  • The George Washington University
  • Marist College
  • Bowie State University
  • University of Maryland—College Park
  • Morgan State University

Currently Attending

Sisters Circle students are currently attending the following colleges and universities:

  • Frostburg State University
  • University of Baltimore
  • Frostburg State University
  • Stevenson University
  • CCBC Essex
  • Baltimore City Community College
  • Goucher College
  • Howard University
  • Coppin State
  • Towson University
  • McDaniel College
  • Loyola University (MD)
  • University of Maryland-College Park
  • University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
  • Morgan State University
“After being a mentor for 7 years, I can honestly say that I have gained as much, if not more, from this relationship as my mentee.”
–Lisa

“Being a volunteer in Sisters Circle’s after-school program is the high point of my week. My favorite title is aunt. My second favorite title is Sisters Circle volunteer. I love it!”
–Sherri


“Sisters Circle helped me and my family through the high school choice process and that has made a huge difference in my education – and my future.”
–Daniya


“As a mentor, you also create new and special bonds with other mentors and their mentees.”
–Adina


“I realize the difference Sisters Circle has made in my life as I begin to understand the depth of the challenges that our girls face every day of their lives.”
–Paula


“Sisters Circle has made it possible to meet great people who genuinely care about my future and success.”
–Kayla


“Over the last ten years, Sisters Circle has continued to push me outside of my comfort zone, increase my confidence and give me a sense of direction for my future.”
–Jasmine


“When we can have difficult conversations with the same commitment to the relationship as when we are celebrating successes…that has been the measure of successful mentorship for me.”
–Debbi


“What could be more meaningful than making a difference in one child’s life? That’s the gift that Sisters Circle ‘gives back’ to its mentors.”
–Judy


“Sisters Circle has helped me regain focus and realize that the goals I have are very obtainable, as long as I have a positive attitude and am willing to take initiative.”
–Cire


“I want to share what Sisters Circle’s given me with the world, one girl at a time.”
–Antoinella


“The things we do as mentors always come back to us with something to learn or treasure.”
–Kathy


“Sisters Circle understands that mentoring relationships take time to develop and the time commitment expected ensures these relationships are meaningful, trust is established, and lifelong bonds are formed.”
–Pam


“This organization never fails to impress me at every turn with the quality of programming, events and people it employs. I can’t imagine my life without my mentee and I can’t imagine mentoring without the support of Sisters Circle. No excuses, just results.”
–Kirby


“I understand better, at a personal level, how very hard it is to grow up poor in Baltimore, and how much these girls need adults to take an ongoing interest in their hopes and dreams and choices. And in return, I am richer for the extraordinary work we are both doing, together, to build a relationship across age, race, and income level.”
–Laurie


Get Involved