Sisters Circle understands the power of walking alongside youth during some of the most formative years of their lives. We weave together a vibrant network of support to build a foundation for success at this critical juncture. We incorporate best practices in the field of mentoring:
- Connect early and foster one-to-one relationships over time.
- Offer personalized, on-going support for our mentors to help the relationships endure difficult periods and emerge even stronger.
- Model and provide opportunities to practice life skills.
- Organize monthly events designed to expose participants to opportunities they may not otherwise have.
- Incorporate our youth voices in program design.
- Identify and leverage a vast array of resources to help expand each young woman’s vision of herself and her future.
Schola Cooking School Classes
Amazing Glaze Pottery Painting
Tree Planting with the Baltimore Tree Trust
Career Panel at Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen
Loyola University Women’s Basketball Game
Queens Girl in the World, Everyman Theater
The Glorious World of Crowns, Kinks and Curls, Center Stage Theater
McFadden Art Glass Studio
The Reginald F. Lewis Museum
See our program in action.
Our monthly activities strengthen mentor-mentee bonds, offer exposure to new experiences, and build a sense of community and connection.